This Website is a public information vehicle of Ottawa Area Intergroup of Alcoholics Anonymous and contains information that is publicly available.
This site is intended to provide general information regarding Alcoholics Anonymous and to facilitate face-to-face or online contact between AA members and those wishing to learn about the AA program of recovery from alcoholism.
The purpose of this Web site is:
- To serve the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous in the National Capital Region.
- To serve as a resource for AA members, those seeking help from AA, professionals working with alcoholics, the media, and the public at large.
- To provide accurate and consistent information about Alcoholics Anonymous.
- To provide information about services coordinated by Ottawa Area Intergroup of Alcoholics Anonymous, as well as Area 83 Districts 54, 58 and 62, their groups and committees.
- To encourage participation of AA members, groups and committees in AA services and activities.
No affiliation between this site and any outside enterprise will be permitted. Only events directly related to Alcoholics Anonymous will be considered for posting.
This site is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
Ottawa Area Intergroup makes every effort to protect the anonymity of visitors and those engaged in AA service work on this website. Acceptance of AA service positions acknowledges that we may sacrifice some privacy in service. Please respect the confidentiality of any contact information on this site.
Your privacy is of the utmost concern to us. In the spirit of anonymity, and the spirit of the program in general, we will not divulge any personal information from anyone using this site. While we do our best to protect all personal information, we ask that you consider your privacy needs if submitting personal information.
The principles of AA anonymity are further explained in the AA publication “Understanding Anonymity“.
In addition, the General Services Office “Anonymity Letter to the Media” is intended for those in media professions.